Never Once

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Lack of activity on {the ivy project} lately?  It is 100 percent due to my total boredom in Kansas.  Kansas is a nice place, I promise.  I'm just not used to it yet.  I really do love my job, and I have no doubt that I made the right decision.  And I will never be able to describe how wonderful it is to see my family every two weeks instead of every two months.  I just miss my friends.  And I miss the excitement of living in the greatest city in the world and knowing that it is home.  So I've been a little homesick/lonely/pouty/snobby about my love affair with New York/skeptical of this new life.

But let's be honest.  My biggest problem is that my beautiful, brand new West Elm sofa has yet to arrive.

This, I am confident, is nothing even closely resembling a problem.

God has done an excellent job of reminding me of my lack of problems lately.  How could I ever complain, when today alone four very sick little boys filled my prayers?  I am certain that none know each other, but all are desperately in need of a miracle.  Baby Sister's dear friends need medical miracles and God miracles for their tiny eleven-day-old Jonas.  A high school friend's three-year-old Griffin seems healthy, but recent blog posts about Make-A-Wish remind us all that miracles are still very much needed.  Xander and Trey have known illness much longer.  Trey's baby cousin Toby received a different kind of healing than the kind we all selfishly wanted.  For many friends and families in my life, it's been a rough summer.  Miracles do happen...but miracles are definitely needed.  And so we pray for Jonas, Griffin, Xander, Trey, and Toby's family.  And we wait.  And we pray some more.

An old friend recently asked if it was hard to acknowledge that God is good all the time.  While catching up/commiserating on a year neither one of us quite expected, his question caught me a bit off guard.  But no...it's not.  I've never thought so.  God is good all the time.

"Scars and struggles on the way
But with joy our hearts can say
Yes, our hearts can say
Never once did we ever walk alone
Never once did You leave us on our own
You are faithful, God, You are faithful"

But who am I to talk?  All I really need is a couch.

1 comment:

  1. The Moores and Freemans have been heavy on my heart today too. It is so easy for me to forget that so many dear friends are facing true life and death battles each day. Perspective!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS