So No One Told You Life Was Gonna Be This Way

Thursday, March 14, 2013

If I have high expectations for life in New York, it is a direct result of one thing and one thing only.  Monica and Rachel had a totally normal Manhattan apartment, right?

Check out these artists' floor plans of my entire knowledge of big city living until I stepped into my own place, which shockingly did not have giant city-viewing windows and a cute little terrace...

Given that Chandler is the only character who consistently went to work, just kind of curious about how the Friends friends didn't get evicted, even with rent control...


How I Met Your Mother...where's my fire escape to the roof, people?


Breakfast at Tiffany's.  Maybe more believable given the decade.  Maybe not so given Holly's "job."


Will and Grace (and Jack)...are you kidding me?


And the most normal, realistic one of all, unless you know the neighborhood and the fact that Carrie Bradshaw wouldn't have made much as a Starbucks-bound writer...


Now, just for comparison's sake, here is mine.  I only get the gray part (the rest shows pieces of the apartment on either side).  Please note that the windows face directly into someone else's apartment, not out onto a sweeping view of the New York City skyline.  Also note that only one room in the entire place is large enough for actual furniture.  And the roof access is locked so that people don't jump.


So there you have it.  I'll just be here, dreaming about what would be like if I could actually see the city I live in...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS