Six Months of Snow

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Sometimes I can't imagine leaving New York.  I love it here.  Especially when it's warm, sunny, and allows for entire days spent in Central Park or the Boat Basin.  If you haven't experienced that version of New York, it's impossible to resist.  All you need is a beach towel, a book, a little Shake Shack, and a friend.  I get excited just thinking about it.  It's on those days that I think I could stay forever, as long as my family was a little closer.  

Here's a little Boat Basin flashback, just to prove my point...


But let's be honest.  It has been winter for six months here.  Six months.  Snowed every single day in February and, so far, a good part of March.  I have worn a coat and boots every day for six months.  For most of that time, it's gotten dark around 4:00 p.m. every day.  Depressingly dark.  Did I mention the snow?  I love the snow, I really do.  It's just tough when it never stops and is mixed with rain and never gets warm.  And then there are days like yesterday, when you find yourself in midtown in a total downpour with a broken umbrella ten blocks from the subway.  After taking shelter in Sephora and spending unnecessary money on tiny little bottles of things that promise to make your hair prettier, you brave the rain again.  So then you're soaking wet on the subway, late for work, and stuck for two train delays.  And when you finally get to work, you're wearing yoga clothes instead of work clothes because you didn't have time to change, and you're still soaking wet.  And you didn't even have time to stop for a doughnut.

And maybe it wouldn't be so bad to live in a nice quiet little place with a car and a dog.

So the job search is on people.  My current job ends May 31 and Hotel Katie is closing.  Three weeks of class in June, maybe a little vacation with Baby Sister, and a not-so-little birthday follow.  But after that?  A job would be nice.  Potentially exciting things in the works.  I mean, exciting except for that none of them have called me back yet.  Hopefully big changes coming to {the ivy project} in the next few months.  Stay tuned for sure.

Of course, by the time I actually leave New York, it will be all Boat Basin days and I will absolutely question that decision.

In the mean time, this girl seriously needs a vacation.  Four more days...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS