Ivy League Lessons

Saturday, February 2, 2013


I realize that the title of my blog is {the ivy project}.  And I don't always write about the Ivy League, academic part of my life that led me to New York.  Most of you don't think that it's as exciting as the day-to-day details of living in New York.  But in all reality, it's pretty entertaining.  And yes, I absolutely am a self-confessed higher ed nerd.  In tonight's Friday night class, I was hooked from the moment the bowtie-wearing professor mentioned land grant universities.

Just for your reading pleasure, here are some actual quotes from class this weekend...

“You just have to punch ‘em in the face”

"The next revolution is the one you’re in right now."

“One of the things you really should study is the Godfather."


“I’ve been trying to gain support for the immediate invasion of Canada.  You could go through Toronto and win the war in three days.”


“The pendulum always swings from the right to the left, but where do you end up?  St. Louis.”

“A lot of people don’t agree with me.  I punched them in the face.”

“For one shining moment, you have Camelot.”

I mean, you just can't make this stuff up people.  Good stuff.  Lots more about the Ivy League to come here on {the ivy project}.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS