Holiday in the Sky

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Holiday in the Sky is pretty much the whole reason I moved to New York.  Well you know, that and Columbia and a lifelong dream.  But it definitely ranks near the top of list...


Now, if you're in your late twenties or early thirties, chances are you always secretly imagined that high school would be like Saved by the Bell and that college would be some mix of Saved by the Bell: The College Years and Dawson's Creek (the part when they went off to college).  If you took the leap and moved from suburban, middle-of-the-country life to big city living, I'm guessing that you had at least one moment when you thought that life in New York or wherever you landed would be just a little like Friends (or, more recently, How I Met Your Mother).  I, as someone who is obviously still 25 (wink wink), really truly sort of believed that New York twenty-something life was all Central Perk and the apartment and a group of friends who just always seems to be there.  Clearly, Zack Morris did not fall in love with me.  While I will always love Pacey Witter, the Dawson's Creek influence on my life wasn't quite like on television.  But as it turns out, this late-twenties New York life really is all about Friends.  The ones who know without asking and do silly things like get on the wrong train at 2:00 a.m. and could not possibly not be a part of each others' lives.

And the ones who throw really epic unforgettable holiday parties (conveniently hosted on the first night of Hanukkah).  Sometimes it still blows my mind that I can get all dressed up, walk across the street, take the elevator to the 17th floor, and be at a swanky When Harry Met Sally style New York City party with a spectacular skyline Empire State view.







Cause I get by with a little help from my friends...


...and this city is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS