Kevin Costner and Billy Crystal and Patrick Swayze and Some Yankees

Wednesday, October 3, 2012


You know how people are always talking about going on vacation in your own city?  How this whole staycation thing is all the rage now?  Welcome to New York City Staycation 2012.  

Well, staycation for me.  Actual vacation for the rest of my favorite people.  Please don't be offended if you thought you were one of my favorite people and were not actually in New York City this week.  I really like y'all too.  But when you live in New York City and your favorite people show up, good things are bound to happen.

Here's what happened.  The Chief decided to hop on over to NYC after a Chicago business trip.  Well, when Baby Sister and Just Matt got wind of this, they didn't want to miss out on the fun.  They like us a lot.  So The Chief arrived on Wednesday, Baby Sister and Just Matt arrived on Saturday, The Chief left on Sunday, and Baby Sister and Just Matt are here until tomorrow.  Hotel Katie is hopping!

So you probably know by now that a lot of my visitors want to do the same things.  No problems with that...they're attractions for a reason.  But you know...I do a lot of Empire State Building and Phantom of the Opera.  Just saying.  So it was really fun to do some different things. 

Like the Central Park Zoo...








A Greenwich Village Food Tour...


And Live with Kelly and Michael.  So much fun people...





Especially when Michael and Rachel Bilson reenact the final scene from Dirty Dancing, complete with The Time of My Life soundtrack.  "Nobody puts baby in the corner."


We revisited the Canfields' Riverside Park proposal bench, just for old times sake.








Yep.  They're still adorable. 

Next stop?  Yankees versus Red Socks.  So much fun people...so much fun.  My very first Yankees game ever.  Sister and I spent the whole time quoting For Love of the Game.  Because I love baseball movies.  And Kevin Costner makes excellent baseball movies.

"The cathedral that is Yankee Stadium belongs to a Chapel."


And one day when I quit a job, I'm going to say...  "Tell them I'm through, 'for love of the game.'"
Oh my goodness, guess who we saw at the Yankees game?  Billy Crystal!  Apparently he is a huge fan.  Rudy Giuliani was also there.  He's pretty cool too.  But back to Billy Crystal.  And just because I can't resist, my favorite Billy Crystal quote...

"I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

True story people.  True story.

So Staycation 2012 has been pretty spectacular.  

Because the absolute best parts of the last week and the two greatest dates this city has ever seen aren't even part of the blog.  Because those stories are just mine.  But friends, life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS