Heart and Soul

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Did you know that my favorite childhood movie (and one of my favorite grown-up movies) is Big?  It's a classic.  Epic.  Defined my childhood.  Seriously, if you haven' seen it, you should be ashamed of yourself.  Go watch it...right now...then come back and continue reading.  I'm serious.  But if you have seen it and just need a little refresher, here's a great one...


And one more, just to seal the deal...


Seriously.  Classic.  So for part of Staycation/Vacation 2012, Baby Sister, Just Matt and I headed to the far ends of the Earth (or, you know...Brooklyn) to relive a bit of our childhood dreams.  Half a dozen Doughnut Plant donuts...


And an hour and a half long subway ride later, we finally (skeptically) arrived at the legendary Coney Island!



And people, it was completely deserted.  Turns out no one goes to a boardwalk, beach, and amusement park on a random October Tuesday when the weather looks more like Seattle than the beach.  It's ok though.  I like Seattle.  And even though we were pretty much the only three people in sight, we had a great time...







I mean, what's not to love?  Boardwalks?  Ferris wheels?  Love.  But really, it started raining pretty hard, so we had to take cover in the aquarium.  We also like fish (and Finding Nemo).







Last stop?  The 4D theater for a special showing of Happy Feet.  And as it turns out, I could not manage to get the glasses on straight (really, no one told me?).  And also as it turns out, I did not know what 4D involved.  I got really freaked out when things started poking me and shaking me from the back of the seat.  Not cool people.



So all that was missing was the Zoltar machine.  I'm pretty disappointed we didn't find Zoltar.  If you don't know about Zoltar, watch Big (and google it).  I've got some wishes to make...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS