Light Up The Sky

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

"She wondered if the locals realized how beautiful it was, or if they were immune. In New York, icons faded into the background most of the time--then one day you'd look up and notice the Empire State Building and it would take your breath away."
(J. Courtney Sullivan, Maine)


You know those days or weekends or moments when it's all worth it, however few and far between?  Sometimes all it takes is some pretty spectacular friends and a little perspective.  Living in Manhattan, it's so easy to get caught up in being busy with school and work and life in my little neighborhood.  But then I see this city from a different point of view, and it absolutely blows my mind that I get to live here.

I mean, really...a girl could do a whole lot worse...


Just to review, I missed a week of training for work due to my certification exam.  So my reintroduction to the crazy stressful training process?  Sunset cruise around Manhattan and the New York Harbor as a hall director retreat.  Not a bad way to start a new year.  Plus, a few of my work friends have just become some of my best friends.  They're lucky too.  They get to be friends with me.





So full and happy from good pizza in Chelsea, off we set to Chelsea Piers for our sunset cruise.  And by cruise, what I actually mean is a kind of cute tiny little boat.  Not one of those yachts you see in the background.  But it was worth every minute.  It was a super romantic date...for the nine of us.  And I just kept thinking, how do I get to live here and take these pictures and just be, instead of seeing them in a postcard?  Well done New York.  Well done.





So end of cert exam and sunset cruise and amazing friends and some other good things?

I'm just saying...next weekend has a lot to live up to.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, just beautiful! And what a great reward after finishing your exams!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS