All In A Day

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

So there I was enjoying my only quiet moment in the last three weeks of Res Life training when the fire alarm goes off.  I assumed they were testing the system before students move in next week, but being the good hall director that I am, decided to go check...just in case.  Wearing my hot pink pajama shorts with blue polka dots, a black and white striped shirt, and hot pink Sperrys, I open my 10th floor door to see what's going on.  And get hit with the worst, smokey, building on fire kind of smell.  I run down ten flights of very uneven spiral stairs, herd the RAs, and deal with the wave of public safety officials running around the building.

In about ten minutes, six FDNY fire engines and about four dozen firefighters were all over the place...and I am dressed like I am.  Fantastic.  And it's my job to coordinate with the college's Public Safety and relay messages to the rest of Res Life.  And for over an hour I stood on 116th street in my pajamas dealing with the "smoke situation."  Luckily, my friend Laura offered to bring me real pants.












So this is it.  This is my life.  

Sometimes I have no idea how I got here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS