What Doesn't Kill You

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Of all the things I've accomplished in my life (and let's face it, I'm pretty impressive), today might take the cake.  I didn't think I could do it, that this one was just too difficult to do alone.  But you know me...that's how the best stories always start.  Didn't think I could get into Columbia.  Didn't think I'd really be able to make it in New York.  You know how it goes.

Here is what I did.  

I turned this...




Into this...



All by my pretty little self.  I turned this box the size of my dresser into a fully functioning spin bike.  And for the record, that bike weighs 121 pounds, and I weigh...well, not very much more than the spin bike.  I used a wrench and everything.  Be amazed.  I really am that strong.  Of course, by the time I wrestled with that box and styrofoam (yes, I wrestled with styrofoam) I was too tired to actually exercise.  I just wanted to see if I could do it.  

But people, New Yorkers can do anything.

Now if only my brother-in-law hadn't bet me that I couldn't get into Harvard Law.  But that's really a whole different issue for a day very far from today.

1 comment:

  1. Until today, I seriously didn't even know that you could buy personal spin bikes. Seriously. You have opened up an entirely new world for me - though I don't know that I could make myself "go" as hard at home as in a class. But now I'm going to start saving my pennies - and right after I get that adjustable dressmaking mannequin, a spin bike is next on my list!

    Great job, Katie! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS