Seen in New York

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

In honor of my one year anniversary living in the city of New York, I thought I'd share a bit of what I saw out and about in the city today.  I mean, really...you can't make this stuff up people.

Woman dressed as a cat leading a sing-a-long for children in Bryant Park.

Man doing yoga in his underwear.  Yep.

Tourists taking pictures of all the "real" New Yorkers doing yoga in the park.  You'd think it was the Olympics.  If you look real close, you can see me in these two pictures.  It'll be like {the ivy project} version of Where's Waldo. Don't you love it when I throw in a little game?  (hint: black leggings, gray and purple tank top)


Camera crew filming my sorry little attempt at graceful yoga.  As it turns out, it was a Hispanic morning talk show.  So just for fun, here's the video.  No, I didn't make the cut.  No, I have no clue what they are saying.  But come on people...it's funny.

Woman attempting to steal a book from the New York Public Library.  She got caught.

Guy (either a homeless man or an NYU student or both) pretending to sleep in Union Square with a sign that read, "Looking for a woman to support me." Given that he was outside of a shoe store, boy wasn't really making much money from all the women buying shoes on their lunch hour.

MTV-style beach party in Union Square.  Bikinis and beach balls and wet t-shirts and all.  Just like Spring Break.

Three broken-down subways.  Unfortunately, I happened to be on all three.

So that's it people.  Just another day in Manhattan.  Can you believe it's been an entire year?  Guess I'm legit now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS