Live Those Songs

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Have you noticed how most of my blog titles are songs or lyrics?  You know how some songs just take you back or define a day or a year in your life?  I spend an embarrassing amount of money on iTunes...but you know, when it's only $1.29 at a time, it doesn't seem so bad.  This morning on my run through Riverside Park, I mad a mental list of my Year in New York songs...my New York soundtrack.  So here goes...


  • New York, New York (no, not that version...Ryan Adams)
  • Have You Ever Seen The Rain (Phillip Phillips)
  • Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters/Rocket Man mash-up (Matthew Morrison and Elton John)
  • Empire State of Mind (Alicia Keys version)
  • For The First Time (The Fray)
  • American Girl (Tom Petty)
  • To The Beat Of Our Noisy Hearts (Matt Nathanson)
  • Chasing Pavements (Adele)
  • Bennie And The Jets (Elton John)
  • 1973 (James Blunt)
  • Twenty Years (Augustana)
  • Better Days (Goo Goo Dolls)
  • I Ain't In Checotah Anymore (Carrie Underwood)
  • No Such Thing (John Mayer)
  • Last Train Home (Ryan Star)
  • Postcards From Paris (The Band Perry)
  • The Fall (Brendan James)
  • Sympathy (Goo Goo Dolls)
  • Hallelujah (Claire Bradley)
  • Forever Young (Bob Dylan)
  • I'll Cover You (Rent)
  • Stay The Night (James Blunt)
  • Colder Weather (Zac Brown Band)
  • Someday (Rob Thomas)
  • Carry On (Pat Green)
  • This Year's Love (David Gray)
  • Have A Little Faith (John Hiatt)
  • Twenty Something (Graham Colton)
  • Waiting For My Real Life To Begin (Colin Hay)

That's all for now.  If I was a better person, I would have made a playlist and let you listen to them all.  But until I become one of those women who gets paid ridiculous amounts of money to blog all day, I still have to do those other things like go to class.  But I figure that you're probably reading this at work instead of actually working, trying to kill time before closing time.  So waste a little more time and look them up yourselves.  And enjoy my Year in New York soundtrack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS