Crazy Dreams

Friday, June 8, 2012

So I'm sitting in class at Columbia wearing my Baylor Gotham Bowl t-shirt.  My favorite Baylor shirt by far.  This is the one...you can tell why I love it so much.


It's from the 1961 Gotham Bowl game played at Yankee Stadium in New York City. It was only played two years (1960 and 1961).  My Baylor Bears won the 1961 game.  And when I bought the shirt several years ago, I thought...oh man, what if Baylor won a bowl game again?  How incredible would that be?

And when I applied for this doctoral program at Columbia, I thought for sure that I must be insane.  I was terrified to talk to the program director and even more scared of the interview.  I pulled my car over in the middle of a very dangerous South Oklahoma City neighborhood to read the decision when it finally hit my email inbox.  Because I couldn't imagine actually getting in.  Today I'm pretty much exactly halfway through coursework.

And there were lots of years of dreaming of living in New York City, since if you can make it here, you can make it anywhere.  Never in a million years did I ever think I could make it here.

And I'm just thinking...

"Thank God even crazy dreams come true."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS