By Your Side

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Today on the subway, riding home from a lovely day of shopping and a movie in Union Square, a stranger fell asleep on my shoulder.  Seriously.  I immediately stood up to get away from said stranger, at which point she kind of flopped over.  And I thought to myself, what in the world am I doing here?  I got off the subway a stop early to pick up a few groceries at my favorite neighborhood market.   This is pretty much exactly what happened (minus the avoidance of an arch enemy)...  



Wouldn't you know, Tom Hanks wasn't there to save me.  So I got took my groceries and got in another line.  And I don't need someone to come in and save me, but it sure would be nice for someone to want to every once in awhile, you know?  


And I thought to myself...


"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave? So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book, when shouldn't it be the other way around? I don't really want an answer. I just want to send this cosmic question out into the void. So good night, dear void." 
(You've Got Mail)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS