An Ode To Target

Sunday, May 20, 2012

You just never realize how easy you had it until you move to Manhattan.  Nothing is easy in New York City.

Here is what I needed to buy today:
Sheets
School Supplies
Toothpaste
Deodorant
Sunscreen
Shampoo & Conditioner
Milk
Half and Half

Here is what I actually bought today:
Milk
Half and Half

Oh how I wished there was one place I could buy all of those things.  I was just way too tired to go to four different stores, carry all those shopping bags, and fight for a seat on the subway home.  Oh, Target...I should have appreciated you more when I had you in my life.  Now, if you're thinking that I spend less money, since I have to be intentional about going to different stores and can't just throw a bunch of stuff I don't really need into the cart, you are wrong.  Because all of those things are so freaking expensive here that I spend more money anyways.  It's a lose-lose shopping situation.

But yes, New York is, and probably always will be, a win-win overall.  Because here is what I actually did today...




So if Sunday afternoon Ivy League studying is absolutely necessary, a girl could do a lot worse than Central Park on a perfect 75-degree day in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS