Manhattan From The Sky

Monday, April 23, 2012

Sometimes, life in New York is a lot more fantasy than reality.  Like when it involves dinner here...


Especially when that dinner comes after this...


Newsies was really one of the best shows I've seen in a long time.  Loved loved loved it.  And for all you Baylor people out there, it kind of felt like a three hour Sing act, which made me love it even more.

Oh my goodness, River Cafe.  Seriously, no exaggeration, one of the best meals I've ever had.  You all know that I am a Shake Shack girl at heart, but every once in awhile it's a little fun to get all dressed up for a night on the town.  And while I would choose hole in the wall Luke's Lobster's any day of the week (and let's be honest, even that's a splurge), this was amazing.

For the appetizer, I had oysters and caviar and soft shell crab for the first time.  Now, in full disclosure, I was a little nervous about the oysters.  The Chief had them once and I'm pretty sure she got really sick.  Plus, who even knows how to eat an oyster? My friend had to teach me.  But in my defense, they were in some sort of bacon hollandaise sauce and topped with a tiny bit of caviar.  So the Okie in me really didn't notice the oysters and caviar...I was too distracted by the bacon and what is basically butter sauce.  And the soft shell crab was delicious, but it was served tempura style, which is just rich people talk for what us Okies like to call "fried."  Yum yum yum.

For the main course, I had the Maine Lobster Special.  Basically a whole giant lobster already out of the shell on top of the most delicious homemade pasta in some sort of cheesy tomato goodness.  Oh man, I practically licked the plate.  Turns out they frown on that in classy places.

And dessert.  Oh, dessert.


Yes, that is most definitely a chocolate Brooklyn Bridge.  And yes, it tasted every bit as good as it looked.  Even came with an old fashioned ice cream soda served in a champagne flute.  I ate every single bite of everything that was served to me.  Because people, it's back to cereal tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS