All The Right Moves

Wednesday, January 18, 2012


 So if you’re keeping up, you read the whole long saga about Spinning and Special K Red Berries and shedding a whole bunch of weight to be the cute twenty-something New Yorker person I am today.  But people, Baby Sister is getting married in 50 days.  So I have got to step it up.  Now, I know that you will all tell me that I look great and don’t need to lose any weight…that’s why I let you read by blog.  But all of the women out there will understand, and there are only two straight guys who read my blog anyways. 

My previous wedding roles consist of reader, candle lighter, guest book attendant, and probably something else not very important in the grand scheme of things.  I have never been a bridesmaid…much less the star bridesmaid.  (Obviously, we might need to work on understanding who this day is really about…)  Baby sister picked out a beautiful, non-hideous bridesmaids dress, and I want to look good.

I recently joined a new gym in Manhattan, because the creepy, sweaty Columbia gym just is not doing it for me.  I need spinning and air conditioning, thank you very much.  As part of my introduction to the gym, I received a few demo sessions and perks and things. 

So yesterday, fresh off a mini-makeover at Macy’s, I put on my cutest Lululemon outfit for my Pilates reformer session.  Pilates is kind of like yoga and uses your body weight and breathing to tone and sculpt and stuff.  If you’ve done Pilates, it’s probably on a mat in an exercise studio, but apparently it originally started with this crazy scary machine…


My super cute private Pilates instructor sounded exactly like Sofia Vergara, so you can only imagine.  Michele put me through an hour of near-torture, but in that addictive way that leaves you wanting more.  (You can watch her demo video for proof.)  When she finally unhooked me from this contraption and I wobbled to my feet, Michele very sweetly informed me that the sessions are priced at a very affordable six for $210.  Lady, I don’t know how they do it in Brazil, but that’s not so much “affordable” by Oklahoma standards.  I keep forgetting that I don’t live there anymore.

Now for today, we meet Verne.  Verne was the boot-camp style personal trainer assigned for my kickoff session.  Within about 90 seconds of meeting me, Verne knew my entire life story, fitness history, and that Baby Sister was getting married.  And he said to me, “Oh, so you need the sexy dress shoulders.  Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered.”  So I already loved him.  I suppose it was a pretty standard personal training session, but again in the way that leaves you wanting more.  Definitely took my normal routine up a notch.  Then at the end of our session, Verne asked if I had turned 21 yet.  So I’m pretty sure I’m going to give him money.   We scheduled another comp session for Friday, at which point he will give me the pricing options.  Maybe The Chief will count it toward the wedding budget?  

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing what you can justify for a wedding budget. I'm experienced at this! If you have a problem getting it past The Chief, teach Truett, Micah or Andrew to ask her--she's a softie for those little chubby guys!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS