2012 Dreams and Plans

Sunday, January 8, 2012

A lot happened in 2011.  A lot.  Just to recap, I...
  • Accepted the admissions offer from Columbia.
  • Went to Philly with some of my favorite people.
  • Quit my job with no real plan.  (Um, I really secretly loved doing that.)
  • Miraculously got a new job.
  • Started a doctorate program at an Ivy League school.
  • Went to my high school reunion (not that I am old enough).
  • Moved to New York City.
  • Earned a whole lot of frequent flyer miles.
  • Celebrated Baby Sister's engagement.
  • Did a ridiculous amount of Sic Em Bears for a win over OU, impressive national ranking, Heisman trophy, and bowl game victory.  (Remember the Alamo!)
  • Met really cool new people I happen to kind of like.
So here's what I know is happening in 2012...
  • Baby Sister and Just Matt's wedding.  (Who wants to be my date?)
  • At least five Oklahoma trips.  Again with the frequent flyer miles.
  • Gonna go to Kansas to visit the Canfields.  (As in, my little sister and her husband.  Strange.)
  • Three more semesters at Teachers College, Columbia University.
  • Qualifying paper, certification exam, and dissertation proposal for said doctorate.
  • Fancy new gym that is currently the reason I am having trouble sitting, standing, or generally moving like a normal person.  (But worth the money?!?!)
  • Last full year in my twenties.  (Insert mild panic attack here.  But, I will still be in my twenties for the entire year.  Don't go getting ahead of yourself and making me feel old.)
And here is what I really, really want in 2012...
  • Warm, sunny, happy weather and pretty spring clothes.  I know I'm probably fighting a losing battle, but if we could just skip the whole New York winter thing, that would be great.  I just love New York in the summer.
  • The beach.  I'm not too particular...could be the Hamptons, Martha's Vineyard, Texas, West Coast, or some man-made Las Vegas beach.  I really don't care.  Girl just needs a break from the city sometimes.
  • Decent Mexican food in Manhattan.
  • New York visitors.  (One in particular...you know who you are.)
  • Church in New York.
  • Good dates with a great boy who loves Jesus and me.
  • Romantic comedy season to hurry up and get to the theaters.
  • Max Brenner Melting Chocolate Truffle Heart Cake.
I mean, that's not too much to ask, right?  Love and chocolate cake and sunny weather?  

Happy 2012!

1 comment:

  1. Hoping for those things for you! Love the recap, here's to the end of a great year and the beginning of an even greater one! Love, Tiff

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS