100

Sunday, January 22, 2012


Oh hey, it’s the 100th post on {the ivy project}.  Yay!

When {the ivy project} debuted, I did not know I was moving to New York.  I had just gotten into Columbia, but since my program is nontraditional, I planned to stay in Oklahoma and just travel for class.  But then on a whim, I applied for a job, which provided an apartment, and before I knew it I was moving to Manhattan.  Now, The Chief (Mom, if you’ve just joined us) always says it never hurts to apply for a job…the worst that can happen is a “no.”  But what I have recently learned is that you have to be ready for it, because then you get to the no turning back point when a “yes” is expected.  So now I live in Manhattan, spend way more time than I dreamed on airplanes, and generally love urban life in the big city.  That pretty much gets us caught up.

So here is what I’m thinking for the next 100 posts on {the ivy project}…

I got a really amazing new camera for Christmas, so expect really amazing New York photographs coming soon.  I’m planning a bit of tourist-in-my-own-city action.  (Please refer to previous two posts.)

I want to write more.  The first 100 were in almost exactly one year.  Expect more to come.

I would like to be a little braver about what I blog, but I am just so careful about blogging things that are in no way questionable, especially when it comes to work.  You people miss out on a lot of funny stories.  Maybe I’ll work on finding creative ways to share the good stuff.

Anyone know how to make my blog make money and help secure my status as one of those women who earns a full-time income solely based on her blog?  Cause I want that.  Soon.

Baby Sister’s wedding.  You’ll either love the ultra-girly, wedding-related posts or hate them.  But there are only two straight guys who read, so I’m guessing everyone else will love it. 

Lastly, I would really like to go on a date with a cute boy who loves Jesus, knows what he wants, doesn’t make me wonder about the status of things, and makes me feel special.  That’s not too much to ask, right?  I mean sure, it doesn’t directly relate to the next 100 posts on {the ivy project}.  But you would all get to read all the good stuff.  And it would be really good, you know?

Well folks, that's the plan for now.  Let me know if you have any brilliant ideas for the next 100 on {the ivy project}...or if you want to come visit and make a guest appearance on the blog.  In the mean time, stay tuned for so many more stories from the Big Apple.  Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS