The Good Stuff

Thursday, December 1, 2011

"Most of all let love guide your life." (Colossians 3:14)



So, by now you know that Baby Sister (yes, the wedding planner) is getting married.  Matt proposed in Riverside Park a couple of weeks ago, and life has been a whirlwind of wedding planning and bridal boutiques and save the dates.  So incredibly fun.  Baby Sister and I (along with The Chief and Maid of Honor #2) bought one breathtaking wedding dress and six beautiful bridesmaids dresses in the span of about two and a half hours last weekend...be impressed.


Here's an engagement day picture of the happy couple in Riverside Park.  In my dream life, I am a photographer who can afford to do nothing but take beautiful pictures of happy people.  Let me know if you have any interest in financing this lifestyle.




But more importantly than all the wedding fun, they are the good stuff...the kind of sappy perfect love story that romantic comedy endings are made of and girls like me live for.  Because apparently, it really does exist in real life.  Who knew?  


Now, my beautiful RAs couldn't get enough Baby Sister stories from the beginning...they absolutely adore that she is a wedding planner.  Even though they have never met her, they were thrilled when she got engaged.  At last night's staff meeting, I told the story of Just Matt's (that's his new nickname I gave him...had to have a nickname for my new brother-in-law) latest surprise for Baby Sister.  The story about how yesterday morning the church receptionist called Em to come to the front desk, where she found her fiance with roses, waiting to take her to breakfast.  Nice story, right?  Even better when you remember that he lives two hours away in a completely different state.  Let me tell you folks, we didn't get anything accomplished in staff meeting after I told that story.  My staff (all girls, all 21 years old) left literally telling themselves, "Find the kind of man who shows up from Kansas on a Wednesday."  Adorable.


(Sidenote: I am convinced that Baby Sister and Just Matt will be totally embarrassed by this blog post.  But that's ok.  They're happy and sappy and in love and stuff.)


But really, even though we might not believe it happens in real life, that's all a girl really wants.  To walk to her doorstep or office or some other completely routine place and unexpectedly find the love of her life, just because he missed her.  For someone we are dying to see to do something to prove that he feels that way even more.  Now, we will never, ever tell you that's what we want.  But really, it's the stuff dreams are made of.  So for all the girls like me who convince themselves it doesn't happen in real life, wait for the guy who shows up from Kansas on a Wednesday.  Because that's the good stuff. 


And guys, would it kill you to go out of your way to make the girl you dream about happy?  Try it sometime...  
   

1 comment:

  1. I'll admit to the sappy part (I guess that is what a girl as special as Emily does to a guy) but not embarassed at all!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS