Four Months

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Finishing out my fourth month as a resident of the so-called greatest city in the world.  Has it really been that long?  Or, I can't believe it's only been four months.  So very much has happened in just 122 days.

Here is what I know for sure...

  • (not a whole lot)
  • I love summer in the city.
  • I can single-handedly give an awesome Empire State Building tour.
  • I really must stay away from Plaza Food Hall and Max Brenner.
  • If you come to town, we are definitely going to Plaza Food Hall and Max Brenner.
  • I miss my car.
  • Avoid Times Square at all costs.
  • Mexican food as I know it does not exist in this city.
  • New York or not, I will always love country music.  
  • I am awesome at all forms of natural disasters.
  • I adore living in a pedestrian-friendly city.
  • My apartment is amazing.  And free.  FREE.
  • Living in a huge urban city makes me so much more Southern.  From the accent to BBQ cravings, I miss Oklahoma and Texas.  A lot.
  • I miss my people.

Here is what I'm still working on...

  • Adjusting to very little daylight.
  • A really great Chinese takeout place.
  • Keeping my nose warm.  Seriously, there are hand warmers and leg warmers and ear muff and hats.  Still, my nose gets cold.
  • Christmas shopping.
  • A legit exercise routine.  I mean, I still exercise, but everything is just so dang expensive and so far, no luck with finding an affordable, enjoyable activity.
  • Church.  I'm telling you, between visitors and work, I just haven't had a lot of free Sundays.  Sad.
  • Being ok with forced air travel.  I told The Chief that I miss the OKC to Waco I-35 drive...she thought I was insane.  I just miss the freedom of an SUV, a radio, and an open road.
  • Only buying as much as I can carry.
  • Did I mention Mexican food?
  • Getting a very few key people to come visit.  You know who you are.
  • Affording this city.
  • Getting used to a job that is not 9 to 5.
  • Living outside of driving distance from pretty much everyone I want to spend time with.
  • Avoiding the cupcakes.
  • Figuring out what to do with the rest of my life.
  • (pretty much everything not on the first list)
That's all for now.  Let me know if you have any grand answers to anything on the list...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS