Colder Weather

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

It's 4:00 p.m. and pretty much completely dark in New York.

Gone are my perfect long summer nights when I could sit with friends in Central Park until 8:00 or 9:00 every night, or when we could sit in sidewalk cafes until midnight because it was still so warm and lovely.  Instead, since the time change, it gets dark depressingly early.  Which, of course, makes me want to go to bed at 8:30 every night.  And it's starting to get colder, so that makes me want to stay inside, where it's warm and cozy and always about 90 degrees in my apartment, since I don't know how to control the radiator.  All you really need then is a fireplace and comfort food and cuddling.

I tell myself to suck it up, dress warmer, and deal with it.  Because really, it's not even close to as cold as it will be.  I have hats and scarves and leg warmers.  Yes, leg warmers.  They're back in style now.  Love it.  The cold doesn't really bother me as much as the dark.  It doesn't really get light earlier, just dark earlier.  I miss the days of running in Riverside Park, jogging along the Hudson, past the place at 91st where the path curves.  Loved loved loved those days.  Brave as I am, I'm not stupid, and I'm not about to start running in the park in the dark.

So if you want to come over to my apartment, I'd love to cook for you...and stay in and watch movies where it's warm.

And really...

I want to see you again, but I'm stuck in colder weather...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS