Let It Snow

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Oh. My. Goodness.

Really.

I can hardly even believe it.

I am also ridiculously excited.

Today, October 29, 2011, two days before Halloween, I looked out my window to one of the best sights you can ever see.  The first hour of the first snowfall of the season in New York City.  Ridiculously romantic.  And it true New York City fashion, it wasn't one of those sloppy, icy midwestern snows.  If you've never experienced snow in New York, it is just so beautiful.  Huge, perfect snow flakes like confetti lit by bright city lights.  It is magical.

No longer even slightly concerned about studying research methodology, I threw on my trusty Hunter snow boots, scarf and gloves and was out the door in about two minutes.  I may or may not have forgotten to actually put on a coat.  Didn't even matter.  Because it was a beautiful day to walk on my beautiful campus...






And I know that I am perhaps the only person in this city who was this excited, because to the rest of Manhattan, it just means mess and train delays and the impending winter weather.  But I just love it when it snows on my iPhone.


It happens to be the earliest winter storm in New York in 40 years.  If you're counting, that's one more for me...earthquake, hurricane, and freakishly early blizzard in Manhattan since I became a resident.   What can I say?  I have talent.  That said, I took the combination of early snow, open ice rinks, and decorations at Macy's as full permission from God to start listening to Christmas music.  Because life is just too short to not hear Michael Buble sing "All I Want For Christmas Is You."

And today was almost perfect...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS