Don't You Just Love New York In The Fall?

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

"Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me want buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address. On the other hand, this not knowing has its charms."


Well you know about the first-time guy trip, the culinary tour, and the practically a native weekend in New York City.  But here's a first for all you wonderful blog readers out there...  The "baby sister has pneumonia and big sister has an eye infection tour."  Yep.  Lot of fun we were.  Quite a sight to see...or avoid.  


Baby sister and pseudo-baby sister headed to the big city for a girls weekend full of shopping, dessert, broadway, and all things girly and wonderful.  Lucky for baby sister and I, Lindsey was a trooper putting up with our poor, pitiful selves who could not breathe or see.  Good times.  


Baby sister and I pretty much set out to recreate our childhood.  Oh what fun.  


There was a really exciting trip to FAO Schwarz, every little big girl's dream come true.  Lindsey and I found a really spectacular Barbie foosball table, which could be your's for the low price of $24,999.  




Baby sister reconnected with her childhood passion of rock collecting.  Yep.  She really, really loved rocks as a child.  Don't tell her I spilled the secret.




Next stop?  The American Girl store on Fifth Avenue, another Treadwell girl childhood love.  There are countless boxes of Molly and Samantha dolls in the garage, as well as a whole collection of Bitty Babies.  Too bad we were so deprived of all things fun as children.  Plus, they made us wear Laura Ashley dresses all the time.  Torture.  :)





(Obviously, baby sister is the funny one.  Sorry to disappoint, folks.)

There were plenty of shopping trips and taxi cab rides and other grown up things, but what fun is that?  It's actually much more exciting to pretend that, at 24 and 28 years old, it is perfectly acceptable to shop in the Eloise store at The Plaza.



Lindsey's first Broadway experience was a hit, as I am sure she's decided to move in with me and audition instead of doing real, important grown up things.  We had to see Billy Elliott before it closes in January.  There may or may not have been a recreation of Mamma Mia on the walk home.




In true efforts to recreate my favorite movie, there was a trip to Cafe Lalo, a children's bookshop, a nut shop, flower markets, hats at Bloomingdales that turned out to be a mistake, and a rooftop killer (I'm telling you...the local news is scary).  Life should be more like You've Got Mail.

And, come on, what would a weekend with visitors be without a trip to the Empire State Building?  Just in case you're counting, that's three times in five weeks for me.  Care to come visit?  I would absolutely, positively love to take you to the Empire State Building too.


Seriously...can you really believe that I live here?


I'll be waiting.  Oh how I wish you would...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS