Yoga Pants vs. Real Pants

Thursday, September 8, 2011

You know this commercial about laundry soap and yoga pants?


It's pretty much the story of my life lately.  I mean, it started out totally innocent.  I didn't work all summer, so I wore workout clothes almost every day.  I would go to the gym or ballet, meet Baby Sister for lunch, run errands for The Chief, and cook dinner.  No harm in wearing yoga pants for the summer.

Then I moved to New York, where I have been so busy that anything requiring extra effort just doesn't seem worth it.  So on Labor Day, when I met New York BFF for holiday brunch at Community Food and Juice (my new brunch obsession), I decided that yoga pants on a holiday was perfectly fine.  They were cute yoga pants.

But then yesterday I wore yoga pants to work.

I can't decide if this is a new low point or a great perk of my new job.  In my defense, these particular yoga pants look like skinny black pants.  I wore a long sweater and ballet flats with them, and I actually got a ton of compliments.  Which, of course, did not help the matter at all.  It just made me want to buy more yoga pants.

(In unrelated news, if you're ever looking to get me a gift, here's a great gift card option: Lululemon.)

Now, if you are one of my closest friends and know me really well, you know that I don't particularly like pants.  I love expensive jeans (sorry, I do) and yoga pants (obviously), but other than that I own ONE pair of pants...and I never, ever wear them.  Think about it...how often do you see me in something other than a dress, skirt, or jeans?  Yep.  Not going to lie...I am concerned about this whole upcoming New York winter and my hatred for pants.  It might be a problem.

Maybe I'll just buy warmer yoga pants.

And just to be clear, I don't actually do yoga.  Maybe I should start that too...

4 comments:

  1. I keep hearing about Lululemon yoga pants, but I just haven't been able to bring myself to spend that much on them! But perhaps it's worth it? And as for winter and no pants...leggings or thick tights, and tall boots! And a nice long coat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, I found your blog through FB (I think) and love reading about your time in NYC! Now the real question is - which yoga pants? The wunder unders from Lululemon? I am on the hunt for a good pair and can't decide!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leslie, I thought Lululemon was ridiculously priced for a long time. And then I broke down and bought something, and I thought it was worth every penny. I love their loose fit, dance-type tank tops and pants. The website has a sale section too, which is great.

    Elaine, I just purchased the wunder unders (after lots of hesitation) and couldn't believe how much I instantly loved them. I really do wear them all the time. They run really true to size, too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! When my September shopping ban ends, I might have to indulge!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS