You're Doing Fine, Oklahoma

Saturday, August 6, 2011

People think funny things about Oklahoma.  In this melting pot that is New York City, no one is actually from New York.  I have met people from all sorts of small towns, big cities, and countries across the world.    But for some reason, Oklahoma is this sort of oddity that people never know how to respond.  The waitress at dinner the other night said she had met someone from all 50 states, and I was her first Oklahoma.  She was happy to know that people actually live there.  Someone else just thought it was really "cute" that I was from Oklahoma.  And, I am happy to say, people have finally started asking me about the Thunder instead of the Oklahoma City bombing.  Progress.

When people want to know what Oklahoma is like, I have a hard time responding.  Because the truth is, it is pretty great.  And Oklahoma is greater right now than ever before.  For three years, I had a blast making new friends, hanging out at a variety of charity benefits, and living it up as a young professional in "the city."  The Thunder was just the icing on the cake.

But when "THE CITY" comes calling, you have to go.  Just to check it out.  Just so you know.

And I'll be back where the wind comes sweeping down the plain sooner than you think.

Because you're doing fine Oklahoma...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS