Just Keep Swimming

Monday, August 22, 2011

So I really like the people I work with in my new job.  My coworkers are pretty great.  I met the RAs I'll be supervising this week, and they are awesome.  They will be good people to spend time with this year.

But people...

I am so so so very tired.

If anyone has any brilliant Monday morning motivation, it's time to send it my way.  I am going into my fourth week of living in Manhattan.  I have not had a day off since I got here.  This week is jam-packed with RA training events.  8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. every day.  It's a little like being at camp.  I'm not complaining...just exhausted.  My no day off schedule continues through September 4th.  If you're counting, that's five full weeks with no time to rest or sit down or breath.  Let me tell you, Labor Day is going to be great.  I might not get out of bed all day.

For our hall director and RA training, we're using the FISH book.  If you haven't read it, it's a good quick read.  The book is all about choosing your attitude, playing, making their day, and being present.  EVERYTHING around here is FISH themed...

Like my welcome door decoration...


And the door decs I made for my Senior Experience RAs...



It's all super cute.  But after this many days, the whole "choose your attitude, play, make their day, and be present" concept is getting more and more challenging.

And I just keep thinking, "just keep swimming."

And I just keep daydreaming about September 5.  And pedicures and massages and chocolate cake and sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS