Forget You

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Dear August,


You and me?  We're done.  


Consider this your breakup letter.  I do not want you in my life anymore.  Basically, you are horrible.  Why didn't someone tell you earlier?  Technically, I moved to New York on July 31.  You can't even claim that major milestone in my life.  You did nothing but run me down and act crazy possessive and take over my life and leave me exhausted. 


And just so you're not confused about this, it is not me.  It's totally you.


Time to find some other girl to bother.


Sincerely,


NYCkt

~

I have to be honest.  Most days, I don't even realize I live in New York.  Sometimes I actually forget.  This new job has been so exhausting and time consuming that I have not left Morningside Heights (my Upper West Side neighborhood) since I moved here.  I live and work within a one square block radius.  Lately I have felt like it could be any city anywhere, since I never have time to enjoy it.

Technically, my job is a graduate assistantship.  I'm only supposed to work 20 hours a week, since "school comes first."  Whatever.  If you're math-challenged, that means I should have worked 90-100 hours in the month of August.  Here is how many hours I worked instead...224.

Also, there was an earthquake and a hurricane in a five-day span.  August just really has got to go.

And I am just so tired.

My apologies if you are one of the many friends I haven't had a conversation with since moving to New York.  I love you.  I miss you.  A lot.  Please don't hate me.  Please visit.

September will be better.  It absolutely, positively has to be.  I'm daydreaming about a September 1st celebration now.  It's going to be big.  Check back tomorrow for all the details about my first date with September.  I think we're already a little in love.

In the mean time, I'm on call again tonight.  Say a little prayer that August doesn't decide to live it up on it's last night in my life.

2 comments:

  1. Could I please just repost this entire blog entry? Oh man do I fully and completely feel ya on this one! August sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome to repost! Sorry you feel the same way, but it's September now!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS