American Girl

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Well she was an American girl
Raised on promises
She couldn't help thinkin'
There was a little more to life somewhere else
After all it was a great big world
With lots of places to run to
And if she had to die tryin'
She had one little promise she was gonna keep

I realized on my morning run through Riverside Park that I am living in a romantic comedy.

I just can't quite get to the end...or even the really good part in the middle.  

As I rounded the place where the path curves at 91st street, I was standing in the location where Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan filmed the final scene of You've Got Mail.  The place where he'll be waiting, and she finally sees Brinkley round the very same corner.  My absolute favorite movie ending of all time.


It's possible, right?

It's a pretty spectacular way to start my morning each day.  And as I run along the Hudson River, I can't help but wonder what will have happened when the credits roll.

Because I wanted it to be you...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS