Whatever It Is

Friday, April 29, 2011

"Life moves pretty fast.  If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." 
(Ferris Bueller's Day Off)


So here's the deal... 

I don't like to make decisions.  I mean, I'm fine with dinner options (always Mexican food or pasta) or which spring dress to buy (get them both).  I am just not very good at big, major, life-changing kinds of decisions.  I tend to over-think things or get really concerned about little details instead of seeing the bigger picture.  If I could hire someone to make all my major life decisions for me, I definitely would.  Think Rachel and Monica on Friends.  Come to think of it, I am in the market for a dating-decision-maker...call me if you're interested in the job.  Last night, I tried to get Baby Sister to make a really major decision for me...even offered to buy her dinner in return (that's fair, right?).  Too bad the only person worse at decision making is, in fact, Baby Sister (it's bad, people...real bad).

So, without a full-time decision maker, I did what any other twenty-something professional does. 

I googled "online decision making."

Here are a few of the results...

"Universal Decision Maker" said no, but just by a little bit.

"Fastest Decision Maker" said yes.

"The Crystal Ball Has Spoken" said "you set us up."  Um, what?

"Random.org" said tails (which I had previously decided was no).

"Random Decision Maker" said yes.

Finally, and most reliably, "Online Magic 8 Ball" said "better not tell you now."  I shook it again, just to be sure.  "Cannot predict now."  Best two out of three?  "Ask again later."  I am not making this up, people.  It seems the Magic 8 Ball is just as indecisive as I am.

One last try with the Magic 8 Ball... 

"Outlook Good"

So what comes next?  Sure would be nice to know...

2 comments:

  1. I always flip a coin but disregard the outcome. As soon as I flip it, I immediately know which side I hope it lands on. Decision made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sister. i resent that. but it's so true. so you're right & you successfully made one decision. it's a start.

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS